Thursday, June 10, 2010

A very promising start

Admittedly, I have been my characteristically overzealous, overly ambitious self--thinking I would have enough energy and time to blog every day about every thought, fancy, and experience. Alas, readers, I am a new homeowner and high school teacher entangled by all of the trappings of a culminating year, and most importantly, I AM ACTIVELY DATING. :)

The first of the 30 was yesterday, and as I've already promised, the identity of these brave and adventurous men will be protected, so no details about them or their lives. Additionally, I don't want to set up a competitive dynamic (too late probably--men love competition), causing men to feel the pressure to "out do" the other 29.

I will say date number 1 was a great way to embark. He was fun, funny, generous, and didn't seem overly preoccupied with himself or how to impress me--so it was fun. I probably rode in the nicest and cleanest car I ever have in life (though I'd be just as happy on the back of a scooter or CTA), we talked sports, trash talked about how good we were at sports and how we felt confident we could beat the other in basketball or tennis.

I enjoyed today's date just as much, though the two men could not be more opposite; in retrospect, their polar differences are quite humorous. One an ambitious, go getter business type, the other a laidback, "take in every moment" artist. Both special men who I feel blessed to have spent time with.

Tomorrow's date is at the airport...no seriously. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment