Thursday, June 3, 2010

Let's Hear it For the Boys

I remember playing on the swingset outside our apartment building with KK, Latisha, and an assortment of other brown and black LA tweens. I remember wearing coolots, whipping my jerri curl and getting stinging curl juice in my eyes, and singing "Let's Hear it For the Boys" by Denise WIlliams. I still occasionally bust this classic out on a night of karoake.

I'm a little tired. It's late, and though I feel inspired by so many conversations to pour my heart out about love and men and dating and singleness, I'm just spent.

I did, however, feel inspired enough to send a praise out to all of the courageous and FUN and COOL men who are agreeing to embark on this journey with me. I just think men are cool. I love the sense of wreckless abandonment, the WILD and BRAVEHEART of a man that would be willing to meet a stranger and hang out with her for one hour without a chance in hell of getting "lucky". Hehehe.

I think I may be close to 20 men--bout to go census on you--Asian, WHite, non-Hispanic, White-Hispanic, Black-non Hispanic, Black-Hispanic (a PR cutie), guys who work in the Loop, professors, a musician, and "unknowns". What a cool group of adventurous men.

I'll be sending a calendar out this weekend to start scheduling. In the mean time, please send date suggestions. I'm a sporty girl (grew up with my dad taking us to batting cages, teaching us how to make lay ups, and a couple of trips to the tennis courts), like tea and coffee, loud places, Matilda, biking, deep conversations, etc,etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment